Thought leadership event series— Strategy seminar
Jan 30, 2023 • 1 min read
Join our experts for a discussion on the Australian Government’s approach to strategy in defence, national security and digital technology.
Hear from experts with experience working in Australia and internationally across defence, foreign policy, national security and digital technology.
Strategy is a common but contested concept, what do we mean when we say strategy? Why is strategy difficult? How do Commonwealth agencies tend to think about strategy? What are the future challenges for which Australia should have a strategy?
· Evan Hill - Adjunct Lecturer, Strategic Foresighting, Carnegie Mellon University
· James Robinson - Assistant Secretary, Strategic Policy, Department of Home Affairs
· Belinda Newham - Founder, Women in Strategic Decision Making
· Andrew Duff - Senior Director, Defence and Government Programs, Downer Professional Services
· Dr David Connery - Principal Consultant, Strategy Service Line, Downer Professional Services
· Moderated by Mike Bareja - Technical Director and Strategy Service Line Lead, Downer Professional Services
· Panel discussion: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
· Audience Q&A: 5:00pm - 5:30pm (webinar broadcast ends)
· Networking with drinks and canapes: 5:30 - 6:30pm
This is a free event being delivered simultaneously in-person and online as a webinar.
To attend in-person, please register via Eventbrite. Tickets are limited.
To watch the panel discussion live online, please register via Microsoft Teams.